50 Degrees North Architects is hiring an architect to join its team in London.
Award-winning chartered practice, 50 Degrees North, seeks a project architect with great residential experience to join our busy team of eight. Our studio is just south of Kew Gardens in Richmond, South West London, a 5-minute walk from Richmond District Line underground station.
We are a design-led practice specialising in medium and larger-sized private residential projects. Due to an increased workload and maternity leave of a key member of our team, we welcome applications from Architects who are experienced, pro-active and friendly – responsibilities will include job running multiple projects, preparation and development of drawn and written documentation, liaising with clients, consultants, planners and builders. You will need to work pro-actively on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate would demonstrate the following skills:
- excellent design and space planning sensibility
- ability to run projects from concept design through planning, technical design, and on-site through to delivery
- ability to work to agreed deadlines on a number of projects simultaneously
- excellent communication and people skills as the job involves communicating regularly and directly with clients, consultants, planners and builders
- UK planning, construction and site experience in the private residential sector
- confidence to work proactively and independently
- sketching and presentation skills
- AutoCAD and SketchUp proficiency is essential
Your role will be undertaken under the guidance and overview of senior staff.
This role is offered initially as maternity cover for eight to nine months, to start as soon as possible, with a salary related to experience. However, we are happy to review this after three months, and we are able to consider flexible working hours and a blend of home and studio time, or part-time options.
Please submit the following:
- CV and covering letter which highlights your relevant residential and project running experience and indication of your salary expectations
- a concise sample of your most exciting and relevant work – including sketches, being specific about your role in each project
- Proof of your eligibility to work without restriction will be required.